Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Devotion Starting Monday, May 4th!


Good Evening Ladies!

I hope you are all having an amazing Saturday.

We will be starting chapter one in our devotional book "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" on Monday!

Read chapter one, take notes, reflect, get some ideas, and report back to this site Monday, May 11th and we will discuss chapter one. Chapter two will be discussed Monday, May 18th. Chapter 3 on the 25th etc.

We are so excited to start! There is nothing better than growth in the Lord.


Ready for more? 
Until next Monday, go ahead and read the post below.  
Tell us what you think.  




Social media can be a cancer.

I find that some of the happiest people are the ones who aren't on it, or limit their use of it.

Of course I'm on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, I had Twitter for a few weeks and I recently just got snapchat.

Social media does have its perks. It allows us to stay close with friends – experiencing life’s exciting moments with them. But how accurate is it? 

Sally Booba just posted on Facebook how her husband bought her flowers and massaged her feet. Hallie Hubbertsonville just posted how she got a new 2015 Porsche; Sofa Youlove is going on vacation again with her girlfriends.

Now don't get me wrong, I bet Sally's husband is amazing, Hallie probably got a promotion at work and deserves that Porchse, and Sofa has awesome friends, why not vacation whenever you can. And there is nothing wrong with sharing good news with friends.

But most of the time, only good things are shared. It can give the appearance that Sally/Hallie/Sofa has such an amazing life-NOTHING is going wrong for her. And we think, why isn't my life like that? What am I doing wrong?

But you know what, some of the time (maybe even most of the time) these constant posts are just showy band-aids covering a wound. Again, I'm not saying Sally's post about her wonderful husband is a band-aid for specifically her relationship with her husband, but maybe she uses the joy she feels about bragging about him to cover something else. Something deeper. Something she hasn't told anyone about.

Lately, through talking with lots of friends, I have been discovering that EVERYONE is going through something. Everyone. People I honestly thought had everything together, definitely do not.

I guess what sparked this was a good girlfriend I have, and though I've never, ever mentioned to her that I'm struggling and need prayer (and my Facebook and Instagram haven't announced my struggles either) she somehow knew. She often texts me, literally right when I need it, and says she's thinking about me and praying for me. How does she always know RIGHT when to text me? The Lord of course, but how awesome that she can see past my "perfect" life of social media and reach out to me just to let me know she’s been praying for me.

How many of you already KNOW one of your friends is hurting and yet her social media accounts show just the opposite?
How many of you think you probably have friends raving about their wonderful life when deep down they are hurting and need prayer?  And there are the people who don’t rave about their life, but still have storms they walk through daily.

Let me tell you from experience, it feels great just to know someone out there is praying. Text them. Let them know.



And like it says above, don’t judge, you never really know what someone is going through. We have to stick together. We are sisters in Christ. We are the daughters of a king.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautifully written and so true!!!

Unknown said...

Love this post!
Recently just got off Facebook and truly believe its the best decision i could have made. I am no longer a slave to social media and the negativity it can sometimes bring. Would encourage everyone to assess their time spent on social media accounts…Is there a healthy balance? Is what you are positing positive and uplifting? Does it bring glory to God? Why do you post what you do? Are you putting just as much time into relationships you have in the flesh?
Thanks for this!